Castelmartini

Castelmartini

The name is derived from an ancient fortress of the XII century. In 1297 Martinus Jacobi Admannati built a “domus” and a “castrum”. Not far from here was an ancient port which linked with the canals the marshes to the Arno river, connecting in this way the Pistoia...
The Garden of Memories

The Garden of Memories

The Garden of Memories The Garden of Memories Paysage by Andrea Dami is an artistic landscape in the geographical landscape; the relief surface is triangular to remember the surface of the Padule (the Marshland) and contains 36 “worked tiles” dedicated to the fallen...
The Church of St. Donnino

The Church of St. Donnino

The church of St. Donnino, in the hamlet of Castelmartini, today shows a triangular gable facade and a bell tower along the left transept. Inside, at a single nave, a painting of the first half of the eighteenth century representing St. Joseph with Saints Anthony...